History

Follow along our timeline for milestone events throughout the history of Siemer Milling Company

1882

Siemer Milling Company was first established on November 6, 1882 in Teutopolis Illinois under the name Hope Mills, Uptmor & Siemer, Proprietors.

1906

Joseph Siemer and his son, Clemens J., bought out the Uptmor interests and changed the name to Siemer Milling Company.

1962

First pneumatic roller mill was installed.

1979

High demand justified the opening of a much larger new mill in Teutopolis, IL.

1995

A second mill facility was built in Hopkinsville, KY.

2003

Construction of our Heat Treatment plant is completed, coinciding with the launch of our Siemer Specialty Ingredients Division.

2015

A third mill facility was opened in West Harrison, IN

2015

All new corporate headquarters is completed at the Teutopolis location.